This clinical manual presents approximately 200 commonly encountered medical-surgical disorders and procedures in a concise, alphabetical format for quick clinical reference. Designed for portability, the Clinical Companion includes the essential, need-to-know information for medical-surgical nursing practice. The attractive and functional two-color design highlights key information, and helpful cross-references to the Lewis text direct students to more extensive background information. The 3rd edition features expanded patient and family teaching content as well as additional illustrations and tables to enhance functionality and visual appeal.
- Presents approximately 200 medical-surgical disorders in a consistent, clinically-functional format for practical use in the clinical environment.
- Patient teaching content has been increased and highlighted to stress critical information to teach patients and family about the care of various conditions.
- Attractive and functional two-color design highlights key information for quick, easy reference.
- Now includes even more illustrations and summary tables to enhance functionality and visual appeal.
- Includes the most up-to-date information, including isolation precaution guidelines, lab values, and ECGs; also contains the most recent NANDA Taxonomy II nursing diagnoses.
- Features a portable format for utility in the medical-surgical environment.
- Contains cross-references to the core text (Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing, 6/e) to provide students with more thorough background information.